can i get a look over at a build?

looks good to me man and you are going to need the 64 bit windows for that 16 gb of ram i have to ask what do you plan to use this computer for must be gaming or something like that

Looks pretty good. The only thing I see that may hinder this build is the graphics card, depending on what type of games you play. Do you have a specific budget for this build?

Few things:
-You'd be better off getting one powerful card instead of 2 weak ones.
-16GB of memory is useless for gaming or photoshop. Save yourself some money and get 8GB.
-Do you already have a power supply?

EDIT: This card would destroy two 450s in SLI. You could also go with something like a 560 Ti or 6870, but the 6950 is probably the best for your money.

the only thing with that is that some of the games going to be played on it need more then 1 gb of memory and since that card has just a little slower spped and just above half the cores the 2 together should be better for the money. and it will be using photoshop and such on it. and that would be better if the price was right these cards like 90 bucks a piece after rebates. i must have missed the psu like here it is: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139025

the only thing with that is that some of the games going to be played on it need more then 1 gb of memory and since that card has just a little slower spped and just above half the cores the 2 together should be better for the money. and it will be using photoshop and such on it. and that would be better if the price was right these cards like 90 bucks a piece after rebates.

$155 After rebate. This card is better than two 450s in SLI and is cheaper. Here is a review in case you don't believe me. For comparison purposes, a 6870 is pretty much on par with the 5870 used in the review. You also get lower power consumption, less heat, future upgradeability (you can throw in a second card later), and less compatibility issues. Plus, it's made by sapphire, which is actually a decent brand, unlike ECS which makes crap.

Having two 1GB cards does not equal a usable 2GB framebuffer. Each card is responsible for rendering alternate frames, so each frame is still created in 1GB of memory. You won't see any benefit over a single card with 1GB.

Back
Top Bottom