Can I connect two monitors to each other?

PhantomR

Beta member
Greetings everyone,

I would like to ask for your help regarding the connection of two monitors to each other. To begin with, I have a computer whose video card does not have S-Video ports. I have a SCART - SCART cable (its output has an S-Video adapter). I would like to connect my TV to my computer (the purpose would be to use my TV as a monitor, while keeping the other monitor active as well). The TV has a SCART port and so does my monitor as far as I have noticed. The question is, is it possible to use the SCART - SCART cable to connect the monitor and the TV to each other, while the monitor is connected to the PC (without damaging any of them or the computer itself)? If yes, will the image on the monitor be transmitted to the TV as well?

NOTE: I do know there are S-Video to DVI/HDMI/VGA and my video card seems to have at least two of those ports, but the problem is I was unable to find one of these for sale in my area. There are, however, some of these adapters on Ebay, but I think the delivery costs would be pretty high.

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
Hi and welcom to the forum.

Unfortunately it's not likely you will be able to do what you are looking to do without buying one of those adapters that you mentioned.

Hoever it is always worth a shot, have you simply tried it? I mean, a lead from your PC to your monitor (as normal) then putting a scart lead from your monitor to your TV.

I'm 99.9% sure it won't do any damage to either device.

I am suprised your monitor has a scart lead? it is very strange!
The only way this will work is if for some strange reason the scart port on your monitor is an output, which is possible for unlikely.

Give it a shot.

Thank you for the welcome and thank you very much for your help! I will probably try. Now that I think about it, my monitor's SCART port is probably not for output.

If it matters, my monitor is somehow a TV as well. One of the two SCART ports is connected to a Video Player Device.

Back
Top Bottom