Can I change the location of a key?

jonreeves2000

Baseband Member
Hi, The location of the capital key (not the cap lock) on my new keyboard is not where it usually is. This means, everytime I want to start with a cap letter, I need to look at the keyboard. Not efficient for a fast typist! Is there any way, you geniuses have figured out to switch keys? I know I reaching for the stars here, but one never knows about tech gurus and what they can achieve!

Go to Control Panel (I assume you're on XP) > Regional and Language Options > (region options tab) > Choose the overall Theme to English - United States.

Keyboard layout is different in other countries. I think even England has a different layout.

I don't know whether the key is physically in another place, or the mapping is wrong. So please provide us with a more detailed explanation of the problem so we can help you better.

Even the UK has a different keyboard layout.

England != The UK

The UK = England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland!

The keyboard is US, which is fine. Usually, next to the letter z, you have the shift key. But on my new keyboard, next to letter z is the slash key (\) and after that is the shift key. This would not mean much to someone who looks at the keyboard to type, but in my case, I have been used to using it without looking at it and now it is not where it usually has been for decades! In fact, it is a lot harder for the finger to reach the shift key! So, my question was whether I can manipulate it somehow that the \ key can be exchanged with the shift key??? Or should I revisit my typing skills to meet with change in technology?

Back
Top Bottom