Can this comp play New games?

I'd personally get a...

P5PxxxS w/ Celereon D 64-bit Technology.
1 gig of DDR PC3200
100GB HDD
x8 AGP card

Celerons are just Pentiums only without as much testing.

I wouldn't consider Celerons for gaming. They're budget CPUs like the Sempron. If you go Intel, get a Pentium D. If you are going with AMD, get the Athlon 64 X2.

What the heck is dual core? Basically from what I'm thinking it's like a Pentium 4 with Hyper Threading technology. Makes the CPU think it's two. Or is dual core different?

Dual core are basically two execution cores in one physical CPU allowing the computer to do more in less time. When you combine Intel's HyperThreading technology with it's dual core lineup, you're actually taking advantage of four threads increasing performance even more. You can run a virus scan and at the same time play Doom3 flawlessly.

Yet again a battle between AMD and Intel :D

I'm going to agree with TRDCorolla and get an AMD X2. I mean I recently purchased on for my new comp (in my sig), and well I now do all the boring stuff (like virus scan, spyware, adware, downloading big files etc) while I'm playing a game. Last night I was playing FarCry on full graphics with HDR enabled while running an AVG Virus Scan, Spybot Search & Destroy Scan, AdAware SE Scan, and downloading the Call Of Duty 2 demo. No lagg whatsoever from my CPU, and I've never managed to get it above 50% useage in the task manager (other than testing/benchmarking it). Dual cores are awesome :)

Anyone who buys an FX CPU from AMD are insane, the X2 4800 will do just the same but with the added bonus of dual core :D

X2 all the way dingchavez65!!

FX-57 still is a faster CPU than the X2 4800, now if they made the FX's dual core . . .

Back
Top Bottom