Can anyone find me a good video card?

fetus

In Runtime
Can someone find me a good video card that isn't too demanding. I may have to return the Geforce 6800GT I got because it requires a direct hook up with the power supply. Can someone find me the best possible PCI or PCIe video card that doesnt require you to connect it directly to the PSU and doesn't require a lot of wattage? I basically just wanna be able to run hl2 and cs:s and games on par with the source engine.

EDIT: Also, if anyone out there could find me a y-splitter cable and some kind of 4-pin extension cord I'd be greatful. As of yet I haven't been able to try my 6800 on this PSU and I'm curious as to wether it would run(doubt it would though). The only free cable I have is this 4-pin box-like connecter but I need a 4-pin flat connecter to connect into the video card.

Hmm..that would be a nice replacement and would probably work with my system. Does anyone else think that I should at least try out the 6800GT I already have first? That would require me to get these extra cords though...and I don't even know which one's I need.

I think it would be better to see if you could find the correct cable. Your card is better than the one that I posted after all

Yeah, I would rather buy 3 dollars worth of cables instead of buying a new card and getting rid of the 68.

Hmm..So I think I need one of those Y-splitter cables so I can take out the 4-pin flat connecter from one of the CD-ROMs and hook it up to the y-splitter. Then I could take the other end of the y-splitter cable and hook it into the 4-pin flat connecter for the video card. I'm wondering if it's gonna be long enough, do they sell extension cables for flat 4-pin connecters like that? Oh yeah and the only free cable I have is a box-like 6pin cable, not a 4 pin in case they have connecters that could attach to the 6-pin side and turn into the flat 4-pin on the other.

Back
Top Bottom