Can anybody hook me up!!!

Well I installed Vista Premium 64bit today! Got my first problem rather quick. It will not reconize my dial up modem. I have a BCM V.90 56k modem that it will not reconize. I also have a U.S Robotics 56K Faxmodem PCI that won't work. I installed the software but it won't locate the modem. I've been searching around and can't seem to find anything! I'm running a dual boot right now till I find a driver or buy a new one if I have 2 :mad:

Ya I downloaded there latest XP driver but vista still doesn't pick it up. Sucks cause I can't get on update to get all my hardware updates. I should have waited a few more months. X-fi beta drivers don't reconize digital inputs. So i've got no modem and no sound. Hopefully the local computer shop has a vista compatible modem.

3rd modems a charm. Went down to the local shop today and picked up a Trendnet modem. Vista picked it up right away. Did have a modem update in windows update. Finally I can start playing around. Quick question though whats up with windows aero? I thought that it would be setup were you could just click the window your in and put it in 3d. Is there something i'm doing wrong all I've found is the the switch between windows button that puts all the windows in 3d. But you can't pick your window it just puts it back in 2d if you click on the screen to a different window.

Back
Top Bottom