cable speed

here_is_gone

In Runtime
i have a wireless router, which i plug a cable modem into. i use a wireless USB adapter for my PC, so there are no wires running from the router to a computer. how much of a speed gain would i get from running an ethernet cable directly from the modem to the computer instead of going through the router?

It depends on your location. It's always faster by cable in my example. My wireless has a small delay in which it goes through all the security protocols before going through. Still fast regardless.

thanks for that site. ill also probably go straight from the wall to the modem; right now it goes like this:

wall > splitter > modem

does the brand of ethernet cable affect speed very much?

dudes, i have a cable router then from the router there is a lan cable that connects my desktop pc, to the router, and when i use fire fox, and installed the free extension called faster fox, i was downloading stuff from download.com, at like 2000kbs, so then i went to check my speed at somewhere like CNET, and i beat out T1

i ran that speed test and my speed is something like 270 kpbs, and two of my neighbors unsecured connections are both around 1.5 mbps...does security really slow it down that much? and what are the chances of me getting caught by my neighbors using their internet?

Back
Top Bottom