Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-03-2005, 04:14 PM   #1
Beta Member

Send a message via AIM to 64bitfragger
Default Cable select, a power users nighmare

when i built my pc i didn't have my hardrive in yet so used an old 4.5 gb
and then my 120gb came in and i use for everything except booting it and i forgot to put a partion on it before i started to used. then i kept running out of space on the 4.5 hd and so i hit up all my friends for old or unsed hardrives of moderate size (20 gig or more) i got 1 froma friend that didn't know jack and that drive was corrupted. then i got a decent 30 gb 2 or 3 gen old maxtor sweet. then i couldn't boot all 3 drives at once. the 120gb is a sata the 4.5 is a ata and the 30 is an ata and i tried to boot with the 4.5 and the 30 on the same ide. then i remembered my motherboard only suppoert 2 channel as far as i know. mean i have to do a raid (format everything (I no way)). then i tried unplugging the sata and it booted fine. the jumper are really weird on the 30 gig and was wondering how else i can change the channel of the drives or the sata ( i have no clue) so i can run all 3 drives at once and use the 3.5 as a back up boot drive and still keep it because i run important apps ( battlefield 1942 and don't want to restart the campaign) thanks all help well apricated

down with intel, a 32 loser in a new amd 64 bit world (excluding crapy dual prescots and other wana be dual core 64 bit chips)

64bitfragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 04:19 PM   #2
Beta Member

Send a message via AIM to 64bitfragger
Default my bad, my bad

down with intel, a 32 loser in a new amd 64 bit world (excluding crapy dual prescots and other wana be dual core 64 bit chips)

a 32 *bit* loser
64bitfragger is offline   Reply With Quote