Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 07-08-2008, 12:05 PM   #1
Fully Optimized

Talking Cable management, need ur advice. :D

As some of you know, not too long ago I had completed my first build. I had a blast building it and I am very proud of my work. However, the cables inside look like there was a WW3 going on inside the PC! Well this weekend I decided that its time to fix that, plus if I have time I might also do some OC, but I’ll save that for a different thread

In a few minutes I will place an order on newegg for the fallowing accessories;

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16812999102
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16899998041

Is there anything else on newegg that can be useful to me? And wile I’m shopping there if you guys have some other suggestions aside from the cable management accessories that I can use to make my PC look sweeter let me know Also if anyone know of any cable management guides plz post.

PS: Here is a link to what my current insides look like.
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m...6/DSC06044.jpg

- 120GB Crucial C300 SSD & 3X WD640AAKS HDD
- Dell 24" 2408WFP & 2407WFP-HC Monitor
Zer0Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:10 PM   #2
Daemon Poster

Default Re: Cable management, need ur advice. :D

I bought those cable ties xD...and they shipped em in a 2 foot long box :|

They work great. I just finished my second build last night...after I built it, I unhooked everything and redid the cables. Now it's super neat thanks to the ties. However, my case lets you hide cables behind the motherboard (not sure if yours does), but if you can fit them back there, do it! If not, hide the cables behind the drive bays etc.

Also, disconnect everything before you start, and think it through as well.

aowen416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:30 PM   #3
In Runtime

I used ducktape on the cables I had problems with....ghetto.

Desktop: ASRock 4Core-Dual VSTA | E7200 | Radeon HD 2600 Pro | 80GB HDD | 2GB(2x 1GB) DDR2 Kingston ValueRam
Dot Cong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:17 PM   #4
Golden Master

I don't like the second accessory. Ideally, the cables should hardly be see at all, so why would UV green bindings be useful?

Here's a pic of the Cosmos' guts:

There are holes at the edges of the motherboard tray. Thread the cables behind the tray, then back through in the appropriate hole.
AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 4.0GHz + TU120E lapped - MSI 770-CD45 AM3 - 2x2GB OCZ DDR3 1333MHz - Sapphire HD 4870 - Samsung Spinpoint 500GB 7200RPM 16MB cache HDD - Tagan TG600-BZ Piperock - (Currently open test bed) - Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit.
worshipme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:40 PM   #5
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by aowen416 View Post
I bought those cable ties xD...and they shipped em in a 2 foot long box :|

They work great. I just finished my second build last night...after I built it, I unhooked everything and redid the cables. Now it's super neat thanks to the ties. However, my case lets you hide cables behind the motherboard (not sure if yours does), but if you can fit them back there, do it! If not, hide the cables behind the drive bays etc.

Also, disconnect everything before you start, and think it through as well.
Ya man, I’m hoping to hind them under the mobo/in the back. I have a bunch of wires from my fan controller I, will try to hide them in the back of the case. But like you sad, planning is everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dot Cong View Post
I used ducktape on the cables I had problems with....ghetto.
hahah ya I see someone do, it looked pretty ghetto lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by worshipme View Post
I don't like the second accessory. Ideally, the cables should hardly be see at all, so why would UV green bindings be useful?

Here's a pic of the Cosmos' guts:

There are holes at the edges of the motherboard tray. Thread the cables behind the tray, then back through in the appropriate hole.
Thanks for the pic worshipme,

I have some cables in the back already, my back door pops open sometimes when I move the case, but I will try and rearrange everything this weekend, will see what happens. I'm not sure if Il be able to hide everything, that’s where the UV green bindings will come in handy. If you take a look at my pic, u will see the main power cable has visible cables where it meets the mobo I know for a fact I want to cover that up.

Here is a pic of what I have happening in the back of the case, its kind of dark, but u can still see it.
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m...6/DSC06055.jpg

EDITED

I just found an old thread that I saw sometime ago on the other forum, it has a bunch of pics (Same case as myne, post #16) I assume this is what mine will look like after im done with it, I cant picture it looking any better then that. Looking at the pics on post #16 if u guys have any suggestions how I can make it look better, plz post. Thanks
http://forums.extremeoverclocking.co...d.php?t=292437
- 120GB Crucial C300 SSD & 3X WD640AAKS HDD
- Dell 24" 2408WFP & 2407WFP-HC Monitor
Zer0Cool is offline   Reply With Quote