C: Drive containing no free space..

Shantei

In Runtime
Hey guys, been a while since I've been on here ^^

Anyway, recently I've been downloading and installing a few things, quite large files, and initially I only have around 10Gb free spaceon my C: drive..

It's all the way down to 1.6Gb.. and I can't understand why. I've removed all temporary files from ..\appdata\local.. but it's still packed.

Is there a way to see if I've recently installed chunks on there or a way to remove it? I hate looking through the C: drive -.-

Cheers!

You had 10GB of free space after downloading and installing a variety of files? I think your answer is right there... most of your downloads and programs are taking up all the space. If you choose to "Save" a download instead of "Open" it, all the data is kept on your hard drive.

You can open the Control Panel and try looking through the Add/Remove programs option (or Uninstall a Program for Vista). You can sort your programs by size; try seeing how much space your programs are taking up.

Dump your Recycle Bin and check for huge file downloads in your "Downloads" folder under your username folder.

As far as "seeing" what you've done, you can always open the C drive and sort by Date, allowing you to see your most recent accesses and what not.

Hope this helps,

Chris

Dude, how small is your hard drive, 80GB? They're practically giving away hard drives these days. Go get another one.

Back
Top Bottom