Bypassing Monitor Power Switch?

M78Ultra

Beta member
Hello,
New to group and I hope this is the correct place to post this question..If not, please direct me to right forum.

I have a Viewsonic A75F Monitor that I am about 98% sure that the power switch (on/off) has went bad. My question is can this be bypassed to where the monitor would stay on all the time? The push style (black plastic box)switch itself has two wires (from the board) going into the rear top, left and right,of it. I am not sure (but it would seem to me) if these wires would be the ones to solder together to bypass the switch so the monitor would stay on?
I would simply remove the switch and replace it,but it has a square type metal casing around it that holds it to the board with four solder points. (which I would tear up)

Any suggestions/comments?
Thanks

Ya, you would connect the two wires that run to the switch to make it permanently stay on.

Depends how the switch works...
Test it by completing the circuit with something, and if it works then solder it.

Ghetto rigging FTW
or you could go to your electrical store (radio shack maybe ) and get a new switch

Bypassed the ON/OFF switch...
Stripped some 16 guage wire and tied and wrapped (bridged) it around both wire contacts to back of switch (making sure not to touch anything else) and it worked like a charm.
Monitor still goes in power save mode as well.
Much easier than trying to unsolder and solder a new switch in.
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom