Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 11-03-2010, 03:34 PM   #1
Beta Member
Default BV RC415 Mobo Socket 775

Hey guys, I'm thinking of messing around with my old computer since I've came into 200 and don't have anything else to do with it. Also, it would be nice to have a decent computer so me and my friends can play online games next to each other.

Anyways, onto the question, I checked out my Packard Bell ISTART 1379(uk) mobo out and its a BV RC415. My question is, does it have a socket 775, I've read one forum and it suggests it does. So in theory, could I upgrade the CPU to this Core 2 to get the most out of it:

That Core 2 uses a socket 775, so thats the point where I'm getting at. If theres other information I should know about my mobo and compatability, then I'd be grateful since I want to make sure which CPU upgrade to get... or if I should just upgrade my mobo all together.

Thanks for your help.

EDIT: I found more information on it, http://www.hardwareforums.com/pc-too-slow-21116/ the guy around post #7 says the socket 775 should support e6xxx Dual Core CPU's. Can anyone confirm or give their opinion on this?
mishutosh is offline   Reply With Quote