Buying two new computers and I need help.

Ok lets assume I take your advice and I am ready to build my own computer. How much exactly can I save doing it? Lets say I wanna build a computer like the basic Dell Xps generation 5 with the same junky parts you say dell uses. How much extra money will I be saving from the $1300 base cost from dell? ($1300 is the lowest I have seen the base system)

For my real computer lets say I want a kick ass computer like one of the best from alienware. You know with loads of memory, pentium extreme processor, and the works. What parts must I get together and hand to the geek squad guys or someone like them? Could I have like a list that I can go collect in a store and give to the computer makers? Thanks again for all the help.

Yes, you could. For a $1300 basic price for the dell, ah, it's not going to be good. A list for a comp is easy. Just go through in your mind what you want: cpu, mobo, ram, hd, vid. card, sound card, case, psu, keyboard and mouse, lcd, OS, dvd/cd drives, and speakers. So easy. Newegg.com is a great place to go. But also look at monarch's site too. But, you see, places like Geek Squad aren't the best. And they over-charge. Do you know how much they charge for just BUYING AND INSTALLING AN ANTIVIRUS PROGRAM? LIKE $60! For installation... no way. I've seen norton av for $20 in some places, lower, who knows, and they go that much overboard!?!? argh! Seriously... it's really not that hard. But, if you want to take it to them, go right ahead. They'll do it right though, I know. I've worked there... :D but I got a job a starbucks... much more better. Plus, my g/f wants to gladly hang out at my work now, instead of around a billion geeks... lol... :D

I will agree with what is being said here. Building your own computer sounds a lot harder then it really is. I just surfed the net really for some instructions on how to do it and poof I built my own on my first try. Now all of my friends think I am some computer guru now. LOL In the long run you will save a lot of money and you will feel good about yourself. I had a lot of fun searching for parts and then putting them into the case with everything.

Vandiyan said:
I will agree with what is being said here. Building your own computer sounds a lot harder then it really is. I just surfed the net really for some instructions on how to do it and poof I built my own on my first try. Now all of my friends think I am some computer guru now. LOL In the long run you will save a lot of money and you will feel good about yourself. I had a lot of fun searching for parts and then putting them into the case with everything.

Amen! THank you...

most computer shops can order almos any parts. what you could do is go to a local cmputer shop and give them a list and ask them o order the parts and put them together. i would have save almost $300 if i would have gone through a local shop becasue the one closest to me can get the parts cheaper then i could have. for me it cost $60CA to get my computer built(even though it was already built)

Back
Top Bottom