buying new mouse - need opinions

MX518 has done me well over the last 3 years. It still runs like new and I play twitchy games like Unreal Tournament. Also I got a hard top ALLSOP mousepad with it when I purchased it and it is still good as well.

How dangerous are laser mice? For instance, if it for example shines in your eye by mistake? Because, my optical one has managed to do that a couple of times.

How dangerous are laser mice? For instance, if it for example shines in your eye by mistake? Because, my optical one has managed to do that a couple of times.

It uses an infrared laser, so you can't even see it.

It uses an infrared laser, so you can't even see it.

You can see the laser in laser mice, I just looked at my G9 to make sure. It's a very small red light.

Also, optical mice are different than laser mice. Optical mice have a red LED used to light the surface so the sensor can see it. The LED shouldn't damage you put it directly to your eye, but you shouldn't do that.

I've been running a Razer DeathAdder for about 2 years and I love it, very fast and conforms to right hand very nicely (Left hand difficult :) ).

Back
Top Bottom