Buying a new desktop, need some help!

nosignal1

Baseband Member
I'm in the market for a new desktop computer to replace my old compaq. I'm going to be using the computer for recording audio, listening to music, surfing the internet, and design work (dreamweaver, photoshop, etc.) I've been told, by people on other forums, that I would probably want a quad core system in order to get the best performance for my needs. I'd like to spend as little as possible, but I know I'm going to have to spend a fair amount of money in order to get a nice computer.

I've come up with a couple options by looking around on the net.
Hp
Hp Pavilion
Dell Inspiron
Pavilion Elite

I'm not stuck on these brands. I know about sites, like the cyberpower site, that let you customize every aspect of the computer, but I'm kind of intimidated by all the different options that I would have to choose from.

Any help is greatly appreciated
Thanks

have you considered building a custom computer? it may be a cheaper solution for you.

I'm not opposed to the idea at all. I think it would be a fun project, and I'm fairly competent with computer parts. Though, I'd need some help getting all the parts I'd need rounded up, and a little help on putting everything together

Back
Top Bottom