Buying a new computer not sure which to buy

trae08

Solid State Member
Ok im buying a new laptop and these are my two choices.

an alienware m11x
PROCESSOR Intel® Core™2 Duo SU7300 1.3GHz (3MB Cache)
MEMORY 4GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 800MHz edit
HARD DRIVE 250GB SATAII 7,200RPM

or
HP Ultra Dual Core Entertainment Notebook with 17.3" LCD, Blu-Ray and HDMI
HP DV7-3065DX 2.4GHz AMD Dual-Core, 4GB, 500GB SATA, 17.3” LED LCD, Blu-Ray, Windows 7 Home Prem 64.

hard drive size dosnt bother me nor does the ram, i will use it for playing world of warcraft but thats the only game i play.

i mainly am wondering which one is more powerful which one i can run more programs on without any problems.

my assumption was the m11x but its got 1.3 ghz while the hp has 2.4ghz

and sense i dont quite understand processing power i figured id just ask the community here

thanks for any help

If you're using it for gaming, the video card is important. What are the vcard specs? WoW doesn't take much to run, but crappy onboard graphics will leave you frustrated.

Does it HAVE to be a laptop? You're paying extra just to be in the form of a laptop, they're also a lot harder to maintain and often have overheating issues. If you're dead set on a laptop then someone else can probably help you.

m11x has 1GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 335M

hp has Manufacturer ATI
Series Radeon HD 4000
Codename RV620
Pipelines 40 - unified
Core Speed * 500 MHz
Shader Speed * 500 MHz
Memory Speed *
Memory Bus Width
Memory Type
Max. Amount of Memory 512 MB

also the hp is 600 refurbished and the m11x is 1000 new

Don't buy the HP. HP has a higher failure rate of all laptop manufacturers (pcworld). Go with Toshiba for a good, solid laptop.

well i like the Asus for the core i7 but I'm not a big fan of laptops with huge screens, the alien ware screen is more to my liking.

@ARCHLVT i chose a laptop cause that's what Ive only ever owned, i go to my friends house alot and being able to throw it in my bag and go is a big timesaver. but yes i know all about the mass heat build up, the heatsinks getting clogged with dust and they are not easy to access to clean.

but if you could suggest a desktop with the same specs as the asus i will defiantly check it out. 1k.00 and under

well i like the Asus for the core i7 but I'm not a big fan of laptops with huge screens, the alien ware screen is more to my liking.

@ARCHLVT i chose a laptop cause that's what Ive only ever owned, i go to my friends house alot and being able to throw it in my bag and go is a big timesaver. but yes i know all about the mass heat build up, the heatsinks getting clogged with dust and they are not easy to access to clean.

but if you could suggest a desktop with the same specs as the asus i will defiantly check it out. 1k.00 and under

buddy in order to play games you will need a good graphics card. THe graphics card on the asus is super good. your NOT gonna find a better laptop with a GPU like that for the price.

Back
Top Bottom