Buying new computer!

Achilles123

Beta member
First off, i'd like to take the time out and say im new here, and I'm already sure you guys may get threads like this all the time (sorry). But anyways, my parents have agreed to pay for a computer for my college/gaming needs. I do a lot of Cinema 4D/After Effects work (which requires a lot of RAM and good graphics card), but on top of that I love to game but have never been able to do it on anything other than my xbox. I've decided that I am going to buy one of the computers from AVAdirect's website, a tower-gaming PC (Custom Tower Gaming PC by AVADirect), but I am not sure. My parents are willing to spend $1250, but I would still like to know what is the best. As you can see, from that section, my friend has really recommended me the $950 "Gaming PC Zambezi-FX AM3+ 2-way CrossFireXâ„¢ Custom Gaming System". (which is here Build AVADirect Gaming PC - Zambezi-FX AM3+) I would upgrade the computer to have 16GB of ram, and an eight core, then with the rest of the money I have left, I'd spend it on upgrading the graphics card. (By upgrading, I mean changing the settings on the site to have the parts put in before I buy it) However, I'm not sure which one I'd be the happiest with. Can anyone confirm if this is a good build? I'd like to be able to play a ton of games on max quality settings, but I don't want to make an awful mistake in purchasing my first gaming/designing pc. I have done a lot of research, but I figured the last thing i'd like to do is ask the you guys which computer/upgrades from avadirect should I get?

Back
Top Bottom