Buying A New Computer

I do that all the time. I have 2 monitors. I have spotty on the small monitor , and running league of legends on the other. Even when full screen, the background screen will not be blacked out. Ashpash21, did you receive the message I sent you for a potential build?

I5 3570k £160
z77a g45 £80
8gb ripsaw £35
novatech modular 650w psu £60
2x5770hd crossfired one from my mate for £30
one from ebay £43

one VGA monitor from old pc
2x200gb 2.5 sata hdd free from my old laptops
cheapy CIT gaming case £35 (lookin to change next month)
use my 37" Samsung tv as main monitor
5.1 logitech speakers £50

TOTAL £493

Buying EVGA GF GTX 670 2GB FTW Graphics Card shortly (bout £350)
New case is bout £65 and new cpu cooler hyper212+ £30
Hopefully that will be it.

Last edited:
I do that all the time. I have 2 monitors. I have spotty on the small monitor , and running league of legends on the other. Even when full screen, the background screen will not be blacked out. Ashpash21, did you receive the message I sent you for a potential build?

Yes I did, I didn't look at my Private Messages. Sorry I'm new to the forum.

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

I5 3570k £160
z77a g45 £80
8gb ripsaw £35
novatech modular 650w psu £60
2x5770hd crossfired one from my mate for £30
one from ebay £43

one VGA monitor from old pc
2x200gb 2.5 sata hdd free from my old laptops
cheapy CIT gaming case £35 (lookin to change next month)
use my 37" Samsung tv as main monitor
5.1 logitech speakers £50

TOTAL £493

Buying EVGA GF GTX 670 2GB FTW Graphics Card shortly (bout £350)
New case is bout £65 and new cpu cooler hyper212+ £30
Hopefully that will be it.

Do you think it would be worth going for core I7?

In my opinion if only for gaming etc no 3D modelling or heavy video editing , I'd say no, not worth the extra £100. I believe the I5 will over-clock better than the I7 too.

If I got a quad core I7. Would this be okay for WoW. Would it be okay for the Adobe Mater Collection CS6?

If you're doing video editing, the i7 would be good. Other than that, the i5 will suit you nicely.

If you're doing video editing, the i7 would be good. Other than that, the i5 will suit you nicely.

Might go for the i7 not sure yet though. Depends how much money I have at the time when I decide to buy it. When do you think Intel will be releasing there next range of processors?

Not soon but not late. Since intel is finished with i7 tier 3( ivy bridge), it should be some time before a new one shows. Maybe like early 2013 or so.

I would recommend you getting an SSD because you don't actually need a harddrive with alot of disk space. What you need is a responsive computer that can multitask well and a graphics card that can handle multiple monitors. The processor only has to be dualcore and not much higher than 2.3 ghz I guess :)

Back
Top Bottom