Buying a new computer
Hey, folks. I'm currently in the process of putting together a mid-range gaming computer on the website of my local computer shop. The reason I am posting this is I want to know whether or not I should upgrade the tower case and the power supply from the default ones.
Here are the specs without the upgraded power supply:
* Core 2 Duo E6550 LGA775 2.33GHz 64BIT, 1333 FSB, 4MB Cache
* 3GB DDR2 Memory (3 x 1024MB)
* 500GB 7200RPM Hard Drive, 16MB Cache, SATA II
* DVD-RW Drive, Double Layer, 20X, Lightscribe, Black
* 1.44 MB Floppy Drive
* Asus GeForce 9600GT 512MB PCI-E Video Card, Dual DVI, HDTV Out
* Soundblaster Audigy SE 7.1 24 BIT Sound Card, OEM
* SuperCase 115 Black Mid Tower ATX Case
* Acer 19 Inch X193WB LCD Flat Panel, 2000:1 5ms, Black
* Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, OEM
The price is around $1,600. The upgradeable power supply that they offer is this one:
SPI 650 Watt 24 PIN Power Supply, 8CM Fan (Extra $120)
Now as far as the case goes, I realize this is a very cheap bottom line case ($50) but I'm not sure how much more I should spend on it, or if I should even get another.
Thanks in advance for any help you can offer. I really want to replace this piece of trash I've had for the last 5 years.