Buying my 1st LCD monitor

PuNkY

In Runtime
W00T! I finally have enough money for an LCD. I'm tired of my huge 19" CRT.

I'm ordering an Hanns·G 19" Wide screen. (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16824254023)

I never had a wide screen before. So my question is will my graphics card's resolutions work with it? On the specifications for the monitor it says the recommended resolution is 1440x900. My card only goes up to 1600x1200.

Heres a screen shot of all the resolutions I can choose from:
2wf1rfs.jpg

Can my graphics card handle it? If so which would be the best for 19" wide screen?

It should work. To my knowladge rezolutions taht your moniter cannot support are hidden by windows. which would be why my graphics card will not allow me over 1280 x 1024.

But do you guys think that I'm good with this monitor? I'm sure I can find an alternative resolution.

I really don't wanna pick another monitor. 160$ for a 19" wide screen LCD is an awesome price.

You should be good with it. I highly suspect taht your list of avalible resolutions will go down to match compatablility. If not, and things are streached/blurry, then its not wide-screen and you have to try a different rezolution.

thats alot of resolutions you have there. i have about 3 on my laptop and about 6 on my desktop. some just dont look right though.

Back
Top Bottom