Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-16-2014, 11:51 AM   #11
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to ssc456
Default Re: Buying laptop so confused

yeah 500 GBP isn't thought of as a good budget to play fairly decent games let alone AUD.

If you don't have the funds to increase your budget I would recommend either lowering your expectations of gaming performance (I'm sure normal use performance will be fine)
OR as someone suggested look into a desktop, you will definitely get more bang for your buck in a desktop.

The problem with your budget and laptops is that they (manufacturers) don't tend to put dedicated graphics chips in laptops until you hit a certain price bracket, which from my experience is anywhere from 500 - 700 depending on the manufacturer.

I bought my Samsung laptop for 550 just over a year ago and it only came with built in Intel HD4000 graphics.

Dont Eat Animals, Its Not Good For Them And They Dont Like It!
ssc456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:11 PM   #12
Golden Master

Howdy my fellow Aussie member, You could get a decent laptop with an AMD A4 for $499 Buy Acer Aspire 15.6" E1-522-45004G50 Notebook | Read Reviews | Dick Smith Online Shopping, If you want lot power then a laptop with an Intel i3 is another $100 Buy ACER Aspire 15.6" E1-570 i3 Notebook | Read Reviews | Dick Smith Online Shopping

BK_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 09:42 PM   #13
In Runtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK_123 View Post
Howdy my fellow Aussie member, You could get a decent laptop with an AMD A4 for $499 Buy Acer Aspire 15.6" E1-522-45004G50 Notebook | Read Reviews | Dick Smith Online Shopping, If you want lot power then a laptop with an Intel i3 is another $100 Buy ACER Aspire 15.6" E1-570 i3 Notebook | Read Reviews | Dick Smith Online Shopping
A lot of people down talk them but the A series are really good CPU's im using an A6-5400K overclocked to 4ghz. And i can play all the games i play on high settings. That includes deadspace. I also play need for speed world on high setting though im not sure exactly how demanding that game is

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Computer Forums mobile app
dev893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 01:26 AM   #14
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dev893 View Post
A lot of people down talk them but the A series are really good CPU's im using an A6-5400K overclocked to 4ghz. And i can play all the games i play on high settings. That includes deadspace. I also play need for speed world on high setting though im not sure exactly how demanding that game is

The A series aren't bad I must say in my experience of dealing with PC's running them..
Old 04-17-2014, 01:40 AM   #15
Baseband Member

I would try Amazon.com and look over what they have. Toshiba is nice but I personally prefer Dell and the main reason I like them best is because if something breaks down on a Dell after the warranty expires you can find diagrams online so you can fix it. As far as I know Dell is the only manufacturer to document things so well. I buy them mainly used myself online on auctions.
Randy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 02:06 AM   #16
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy1 View Post
I would try Amazon.com and look over what they have. Toshiba is nice but I personally prefer Dell and the main reason I like them best is because if something breaks down on a Dell after the warranty expires you can find diagrams online so you can fix it. As far as I know Dell is the only manufacturer to document things so well. I buy them mainly used myself online on auctions.
I thought Amazon didn't ship to Australia but it turns out they do Amazon.com Help: Shipping Rates to Australia.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:16 AM   #17
Baseband Member

Amazon.com is a fairly global company but has a home town feel for lack of a better word which is what I like about them.
Randy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:38 AM   #18
In Runtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK_123 View Post
The A series aren't bad I must say in my experience of dealing with PC's running them..
I know. As i said im using the integrated graphics and all the games im currently playing i can play on high settings with out an issue

dev893 is offline   Reply With Quote

« Ssd | PATA to SATA »