Re: Buying laptop for College
Easiest way to help us find you the best laptop for you is to answer all these questions -
1) What is your budget?
2) What size notebook would you prefer?
a. Ultraportable; 12" screen or less
b. Thin and Light; 13" - 14" screen
c. Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
d. Desktop Replacement; 17"+ screen
3) Please select your country's flag as a post icon and tell us what country are you buying this in.
4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
5) What tasks will you be performing with the notebook?
6) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places or leaving it on your desk?
7) Will you be playing games on it; if so, which games?
8) How many hours of battery life do you need?
9) Do you mind buying online without seeing the notebook in person?
10) What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista), Mac OS, Linux, etc.
11) Would you prefer standard or widescreen?
12) From the choices below, what screen resolutions would you prefer?
a. XGA -1024x768 - Large and easy to read text + graphics icons, but you fit less stuff on the screen.
b. SXGA - 1400x1050 - Compromise resolution between XGA and UXGA.
c. UXGA - 1600x1200 - Very small text and graphics icons, you can fit lots of stuff on the screen.
d. WXGA or WXGA+ - 1280x768/800 or 1440x900; Wider viewing version of XGA, good for movie viewing or spreadsheets.
e. WSXGA+ - 1680x1050; Wider viewing version of SXGA, good for movie viewing or spreadsheets.
f. WUXGA - 1920x1200; Wider viewing version of UXGA, good for movie viewing or spreadsheets.
13) Do you want a glossy/reflective screen or a matte/non-glossy screen?
Build Quality and Design
14) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you?
15) When are you buying this laptop and how long do you want this laptop to last?
16) How much hard drive space do you want; 40GB to 200GB?
17) Do you need an optical drive? If yes, a DVD-ROM, DVD-CD/RW or DVD-RW drive?
MSI K9N2GM-FIH motherboard AMD Phenom Agena 9600(2) Crucial Ballistix Tracer 1GB PC2 6400 Thermaltake 430W PSU
160GB Segate Barracuda HDD 19" Wide Screen Hanns-G
Raidmax Tornado ATX Case OS- Gentoo
Toshiba A135 -Vista Pentium Dual Core 1.6 ghz. 1.5gb ram
www.localtechnet.net - Support me, click the ads!!