Buy new or Mod old?

So it turns out I have the Dell "slim" case and I don't think I will be able to change much because of its size. So as much as I would love to build my own computer to save some money, I have no idea how to do it and don't know anybody that could do so for me. So I guess my new question is for $800 - $1000 what type of computer can I buy that will run WoW with no problems? Thanks!

it is not all that hard to do. once you have a list of part you can post them here and we can look them over. then you buy them and the one rule is if it dont pop or slide right in it dont can there, or dont force things.

i have been here sense my join date and i am going to build my own soon(thats how much i have learned). i could of done it earlier but being 14 you dont have much income at min wage. got 350 and need 500.

So it turns out I have the Dell "slim" case and I don't think I will be able to change much because of its size. So as much as I would love to build my own computer to save some money, I have no idea how to do it and don't know anybody that could do so for me. So I guess my new question is for $800 - $1000 what type of computer can I buy that will run WoW with no problems? Thanks!

if you're not comfortable building your own rig, there is a low profile 9600GT that has been released recently, just wait until it becomes available...

low profile 9600GT released in Japan

If you don't feel comfortable building one you can cheat. Take a picture of your current setup, look where everything is and such. Then buy a new case, a new PSU, and a new graphics card, if you need get RAM. Now what you do it you unplug everything, and carefully move over your motherboard to the new case. Then from the picture you can start hooking up stuff.
Make sure your motherboard has a stand-off from the motherboard tray so it doesn't short.

Back
Top Bottom