Burning Videos to DVD's

Dishdog

Fully Optimized
I have 130 episodes of thundercats and i want to burn them to DVD so i can watch them on my TV. i have nero 6. when i go into the DVD section there is no video part, so my first question is could a use a DVD and burn them as VCD's(video cd's)? i have tried to burn it just on a DVD data disk and it failed. also my brother said i would have to format them into a diferent format to play them on a DVD player,how would i do this? right noe they are in windows media player video format.

so basically just to summerize, i have a bunch of viedeos that i want to play on a DVD player and don't know how. thanks in advanced for any help.

To burn it as WMP format would i just go through windows media player and burn it?

Osak said:
Thundercat freak? lol thats a lot of eps. :D

it's every episode. if i could get a hold of the 178 episodes of the original teenage mutant ninja turtles i would watch all of them too,lol

<edit> sorry for douple posting i thought i was in the edit part, not reply.

dishdog, you would have to convert every one to DVD format and you would be doing it for the next year. Your best option would to get top quallity blank CDs and burn them to VCD format. I would suggest that you invest in a third party video editting software such as pinnacle to do it. This should be done on a clean partition also so as to stop any unneccessary programs from interferring. And the pinnacle program will allow you to burn them to what ever format you want.
Understand this though... that when coverting to dvd format you will need about 6 gigs of hard disc space for every hour of video and the rendering from one format to the other before burning can take hours for it to finish.
Good luck

that what i was giong to say. It takes up time and alot of space. You can use your windows movie maker to burn it and render it the wmp format..

so what your telling me is i'm going to be sitting at the computer desk for a long time,lol. 130 episodes, half an hour each so 65 hours,lol. OK thanks.

O i will, as long as i get to watch them,lol.

<edit> i was just looking over this thread. i must have missed post #2
if my DVD player does support WMP would i still have to convert them into DVD format?

Back
Top Bottom