Burning Smell + Possible Slowing

dryeyes

Solid State Member
Alright, I don't really know where to start. About a week ago, randomly at night, a burning smell starts coming from what appears to be the computer, only in the computer room of the house, and from right around the PSU. At first it smelt like paper, then started smelling real toxic/plastic-like. This is right about the time that I noticed my computer started running alot slower, games have to be on half graphics, when I could run them on 100% before, and have absolutely no FPS problems. My computer is running nowhere near how it should be. The slowing could have happened before the burning smell, but I didn't really notice it specifically until after it. Now, I'm not sure if I have come // posted in the right place, for the help that I need, before I go out and buy more. I already bought and replaced the PSU, and that didn't really seem to help. Also, it seems like the computer gets slower, the longer it's on, but im not 100%.

Mind helping me out here?

It never really smelled after the actual burning smell, and I'm sure as hell that it was a burning smell coming from the computer. I thought, and so did others (obviously wrong), that it was the PSU, bought a new one, and nothing changed. Yeah, it is still running alot slower than it should be / used to.

k so u still have the smell. um can u reseat ur HSF. thats the only other thing that could really melt plastic. check and see that u dont have any cables (fans, HD's, etc.) touching anything they shouldn't be

Already checked all that, but no, I don't have the burning smell, and haven't since that night.

k well thats good. so um. have u tried virus scan? if not scan for a virus. then try a HD defrag and run CCleaner

Lol, already scanned for virus with AVG, and spyware, etc. Defragged, AND ran CCleaner. =[

Alright, haha thanks. =] Just want to get this fixed, tired of slow games, and looking really crappy. =\

Back
Top Bottom