Burning in nero7

where is the registry stuff? so should i got into program file and just wipe out the bf1942 folder? or is it harder than that? i think if i just delete it complete from program files totally it would go from my computer? and i would be able to install it ?

the registry stuff would be in the registry. :p And no, deleting the folder from program files won't do anything to the registry.

I don't know exactly what you did with the game to get it screwed up, but if you can't uninstall it and can't play it then I'd try deleting the registy entries and the game folder and then see if you can install it.

I'm guessing the bf1942 registry is something like
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
SOFTWARE
Electronic Arts
EA Games
Battlefield 1942

(at least that's how it is with bf2) There might be something somewhere else too, not too experienced with the registry.
And if you don't know how to find that just go to start -> run and then type regedit

Also all the profiles and configs etc for the game should be in my documents/bf 1942. Just in case you want to back up those.

i dont whats happened now, i think its my fault... i went into reg edit and deleted everything to do with 1942 including punkbuster for it then went into program files and deleted the folder for 1942 and then put the disk in.... then i it says install i try to install it then i install it.. but when i try to play it only syas reinstall or uninstall not play? did i dlete something wrong? if so can reverse it?

it appears that you deleted the right registry things because it let you install the game. Try reinstalling it, and this time remove it from the add/remove programs. (can be found in control panel)

Also before doing that you might want to try starting the game from the game folder instead of from the disc.

also when i install the game but the file is only 4mb for some reason it didnt install the full game... il keep trying in a bit and il tell u what happened

Back
Top Bottom