Burning in nero7

well you could just find out the name of the install file and use windows search.
But that isn't too effective since sometimes there are version numbers in the install file, sometimes it's just setup.exe etc.

For example you said you want fraps. The install file of fraps is called simply setup.exe. You can download that from here if you don't have it already.
http://www.fraps.com/download.php

edit: as long as it's a small file (like the fraps one) it's probably going to be faster to just download it again.

And you can find the registry entries from start -> run -> regedit

its all sounds confusing, it looked really easy before i started.

so just getting the file from program files doesnt work...

can some1 confirm? will this work...

i have done this...( i want to reformat then install all the programs on the DVD)

Nero StartSmart>Data tab>Make Data DVD>Add all the programs i want from program files>burn

someone sead this wont work

to be honest i mainly care about my photoshop CS2 and maxthon and mozilla browsers so i will keep my favroits and history.

how would i find out the install file for photoshop and my browsers

im sorry im just really new to computer and i dont really have a clue about this stuff? i can always just live with downloading all my files again if that the option im left with or i can just not reformat. btw im reformatting coz my game is buggerd up. it wont let me unistall it or anything so they only i can fix that is to reformat? can i somehow fix my game-btw-its bf1942 and it wont let me romve it when i got into add/remove programs thanks

sorry for asking all this

well for photoshop you should have the cd. You can download firefox from getfirefox.com. (remember to back up favorites & bookmarks etc if you need them)

And just getting the folder from my computer won't work with most programs. You need to install the software for it to work properly.

About that bf 1942 problem, you just deleted the game folder without uninstalling it first from add/remove programs? And you try to install it and it tells you it's already installed?
Deleting the registry files of bf1942 will probably fix it.

its all sounds confusing, it looked really easy before i started.

so just getting the file from program files doesnt work...

can some1 confirm? will this work...

i have done this...( i want to reformat then install all the programs on the DVD)

Nero StartSmart>Data tab>Make Data DVD>Add all the programs i want from program files>burn

someone sead this wont work

to be honest i mainly care about my photoshop CS2 and maxthon and mozilla browsers so i will keep my favroits and history.

how would i find out the install file for photoshop and my browsers

im sorry im just really new to computer and i dont really have a clue about this stuff? i can always just live with downloading all my files again if that the option im left with or i can just not reformat. btw im reformatting coz my game is buggerd up. it wont let me unistall it or anything so they only i can fix that is to reformat? can i somehow fix my game-btw-its bf1942 and it wont let me romve it when i got into add/remove programs thanks

sorry for asking all this

Why don't you use an imaging software to back up your hard drive then burn the image onto a disc, use that as a base start, now remove all the programs you don't want then defrag your HD, now back up your system again if its how you want it , you now have a back up of your good OS and all your programs already installed so when you want to reformat just restore back from your Image back up. IF you ever decide you want your CURRENT STATE you have the first (ORIGINAL BACK UP) to restore from as well.
I wouldn't bother using Nero back up.

^^ those imaging softwares back up the registry too, right?
In that case it would also back up all of the bf1942 registry stuff.
Which would most likely lead to the same problem he has right now.

Imaging completely duplicates the hard drive, including programs, files, and the registry, meaning he would have the exact same problem. Imaging would just be a waste of time in his case.

Imaging completely duplicates the hard drive, including programs, files, and the registry, meaning he would have the exact same problem. Imaging would just be a waste of time in his case.[/QUOTE

Thats the idea, to save having to reinstall all his programs, its a long drawn out way putting all your software onto one DVD then reinstalling windows and all your programs as well, thats fine if want to piss about for 4-5 hours, id sooner restore my OS and my programs in say 20mins.
So no it is not a waist of time. if your going to do a reformat of windows every time why bother putting all your software on one DVD? (to save having to get all your disc's out maybe) lol
why go to the hassle of a full reformat when he can just remove or uninstall the unused programs?

After re reading the original post he may be trying to burn some programs that are already on his computer if that is the case unless he has the installation installer(exe) of the program he can not do it, unless the program can be extracted someway with maybe something like ISO BUSTER. He needs the original installation disc's otherwise. I'm trying to save him wiping his entire drive.

@ blackjack, my apologies, I got confused reading the post and thought he had a registry issue, which reimaging would not fix. You are right, I am wrong. Sorry. But probably 95% of programs have at least one registry entry that needs to be recreated for the program to work. So he would need installer files (exe, msi, etc.) to install those programs.

^^ he probably does have a registry issue.

10973 said:
btw im reformatting coz my game is buggerd up. it wont let me unistall it or anything so they only i can fix that is to reformat? can i somehow fix my game-btw-its bf1942 and it wont let me romve it when i got into add/remove programs thanks

most likely that is because he hasn't uninstalled the game, but just deleted the folder. Which leaves the registry stuff behind, and that causes problems like he is having. And that is the reason he wants to reformat, so using an imaging software won't fix this, so using the imaging software won't actually do any good in this case.

Back
Top Bottom