Burning in nero7

Solid State Member
well... i know there has been very many post about this already, but i still dont know what to do. so maybe if someone knows what stuff i have they can tell me how to do it.

So, First of all...

I have:
nero7 ultra
10 "4.7GB Dshirt 8X DVD-R"'s
A drive which says on it "DVD R/RW, RW DVD+R DL , Compact disk ReWritable Ultra speed"
... And some files on my computer that i want to copy on the disk.

This is my situation:

I want to re-format my PC (thats when you delete everything, right?) but i dont want to download and install all the files i had on it before the re-format so i want to save all my important files to these DVD's i have, for example...
i have photoshop CS2, fraps, veoh (with some videos on it), maxthon browser, nero 7 ect. would i be able to put all these files on to my DVD, then reformat my PC and then put all these things on to my PC again ( so i would have reformatted and fixed the problem i have but still keep my important files)? is this even possible ? when i go to the file and press copy to.. then the disk it just says failed....

Thankx in advance

Have you tried using Nero burning rom in 7, then add you programs to the folder and burn it,

so i went into nero startsamrt then make data cd andm it appears to be letting me add data to my dvd THANKS :)

i went into program files copied all the files i wanted to my documents then put all the files from my documents to the disk and then burnt....

so if i re-format would i be able to install all those programs onto my computer just by putting the disk into the drive?

well if you copied them from program files then you probably copied the installed files. In that case you will also need the registry entries to get the programs working.

The best thing to do is to burn the install files so you can install the program from the disc.

All that of course only applies to programs, if it's stuff like pictures/video/text documents etc then you can just copy them and it will work. But you always need to install the program so that windows knows it's there. So just copying the programs folder from program files and then transferring it back after reformat won't work. It might work on some programs, but most require that you install it.

All documents and music won't be affected. For programs, if youhave the install files, you might as well have that. Some programs may not work anymore because they have registry dependant keys. (It's like when you register at the front desk. Some of you may not need to register, but some needs to.)

right... so where do i find the install files? i though all the files needed would be in program files.

if you don't have them on your computer then you can download the free ones from the internet, and you should have the cds for all the one you bought.

Program files is just the default folder for installed programs.

o... so how do i find out if i have the install files also can you tell me what registry entries?

thank you so much for all help, id never have done all this without u!

Back
Top Bottom