Burning A Database to CD

lukey83

Baseband Member
I created a database using Access and I now need to burn it to cd so i can give it to my teacher. I am having issues though because when i burn it to a cd, everything goes smoothly, and then when i open the database on a different computer, it says, "This is read only and nothing can be saved"...thats all fine...but I have different pages that are as follows... View and Edit Managers... Enter New Managers... View and Edit Bands... Enter New Bands etc. All of the "View and Edit" pages work, But all of the "Enter New" pages come up blank. Can someone help me resolve this issue. I asked my teacher and she said to zip it and burn it. That didnt do anything though =(

This is very frustrating!!!

I tried using cdburnerxppro (freeware) and also roxio to burn.

Sometimes I have a problem like this because I didn't set the settings to let it work on another computer. I have Roxio easy CD/dvd burner and I have to set it to where it will work on another computer and then when I eject it it has to prepare the disc to work on another computer (if that just made any sense). I'm not sure how your Cd software works though. Sometimes a CD just doesn't want to work on a computer because maybe the CD drive is older and jst can't read the newer CD. What kind of CD are you using (CD-R or CD-RW). CD-RW tends to not work on a drive unless it's a CD-RW compatible drive also (i.e. they won't work on regular CD-Rom drives).
Hoipe this helps some.

I just relalised that i cant use the database at all from cd (even on the computer I burnt it on) ... I have to copy it to my hard-drive from the cd and it then works. I think its because it is burnt as read-only. I cant however find a setting that will stop this.

How annoying...

Jesusfrk611 said:
What kind of CD are you using (CD-R or CD-RW). CD-RW tends to not work on a drive unless it's a CD-RW compatible drive also (i.e. they won't work on regular CD-Rom drives).

I'm using a CD/RW but i cant run it off the cd on any computer I just realised.

Back
Top Bottom