Burner speeds...

The_Other_One

Daemon Poster
Just curious about something... OK, I have seen 56x CD-ROM drives, but only 52x Burners. Then combine drives(DVD-ROMs, DVD-RWs) are tipically only 48x max... Any reason for this? ALso, I was looking at Dell comps and their fastest burner was only a 48x. I know the speed limit for drives is about 52x, but why are a good number of drives less than this.

I thought maybe my drive didn't actually get up to 52x, but I tested it once and it benchmakred at 52x(actually I think it got up to 53 at the very end!)

cd-rom 52x your talking about I believe is the reading speed not the burning speed.

Though I've yet to get it up to 52x(too cheap to buy the media) it's perfectly capable. Hence the name 52x24x52. First is the R burn speed, then RW, then read. I've even seen some 52x32x52 drives... Now who's asking for help here... :mad:

the reason most cd-burners only burn at 48x is because that is what the majority of discs are capable of being burned at.

oh yea and please dont mention the "d" word in here. nobody likes that computer company

Haha...sorry. I do have a D*LL PDA, but I'd never get a desktop from them...

I guess that makes sence, just seems odd. Also odd how most only read up to 48x... *shrugs*

Back
Top Bottom