Burn MB burn!

andrew26

In Runtime
I was turning on my rebuilt (no chassis) yesterday and I smelled smoke. Only after that I notice the MOBO shut down. I put it in the chassis and tried again today. It didn't shut down, but as soon as it was on there was smoke. Wats goin' awn?

SPECS (I think -they are pretty close-):
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+
120GB samsung HD
Whatever mobo the HP Pav. a230n has (please help me find which it is)
1.5GB DDR Memory Single-Channel ;)
integrated graphix
trying to install ubuntu

While we're at it: I figure AMD and intel COULD come out with a 60 core processor on the market, but they don't want to because the cost would be substantial. I mean intel has an 80 core - but not on the market!

Obviously you have a bad component. First thing you need to do is find out where the smoke is coming from and then replace that part.

Smoke??
And the darn thing still powers on....AMAZING!

Yeah, looks like something is frying...check all your connectors!

Could be a bad capacitor. The smoke would most likely be coming from the PSU or motherboard, if that is the case. You can lay the parts out on the floor to better see where it's coming from.

I think I'm just gonna give up on it. I mean, I did rip it apart in the first place because it didn't work.

This is a different person. And I wouldn't want a 12 year old holding a gun.

... a 12 year old holding a gun.

RUN!! lolz :D

@deathhell

how is that mean? i wouldn't want to see a 12 year old running around with a gun. i'd be abit scared. i don't see whats mean about it, i'm only jokin around :confused:

Back
Top Bottom