Built new computer but no power

droo09

Baseband Member
Hey there, I've been fiddling with my new computer for awhile now, but I can't seem to get stable power. I plugged in everything correctly and clicked on the power switch PSU but no go. The funny thing is, if I slightly touch the 24 pin connector to the motherboard with the PSU on the on position, all the fans start running, but as soon as I completely plug it in, everything shuts off. I am thinking there is something wrong with my motherboard but it would be great if someone could verify this.

you might have something wired wrong. a power supply has a short circuit/overload protection. which shuts it off if it detects something wrong.

Make sure none of the wires are exposed. If they hit the case they will short circuit.

Thanks for your replies guys. Hmm, overload/short circuit protection you say. Well, I ended up unplugging everything except the cpu, motherboard and PSU and still have the same problem. Do you guys think that it is still the PSU protecting or if it is motherboard problem.

oh yea, and another thing, is it possible that my jumper settings on the motherboard are not configured right and this is causing the problem?

The funny thing is, if I slightly touch the 24 pin connector to the motherboard with the PSU on the on position, all the fans start running, but as soon as I completely plug it in, everything shuts off.
I would suggest it is either a faulty psu plug or m/board header, can you try a different psu?

Yea, I have an extra PSU that I tried on the motherboard but it doesn't work.. I'm guessing you are right about the motherboard being faulty. Sigh, I hate returning these things.

Back
Top Bottom