Builing First HD HTPC

sdwrestler1012

Solid State Member
Hey i am looking to build and HD HTPC. I was wondering if anyone could suggest to me the parts I would need. I would like to be able to watch hd/bluray 1080p movies on my LED Tv and Have 5.1 surround sound audio. Also i would like to be able to surf the web and download large files. My budget is 500-1000 dollars. I am new to building computers so any advice is greatly appreciated.

Here is my build. It was about 1200 and I do not have a BR yet. My case is an old Antac dragon I had laying around. You should be able to do a build for your price range. I just wanted to go a liltle over as didn't want to be obsolete in 2 years.

Asus P6X58D-E motherboard
Intel core I7 950 processor
Corsair ddr3 1600 ram total 6 gb
XFX 5770 Hd video card
Corsair 750 TX power supply
Happague 1213 dual tuner card
lg dvd
1.5 TB western digital Cavier Green Hard Drive
500 GB Western digital Cavier green Hard Drive
Windows 7 home premium

I am very satisfied with the build. I get a great picture on my 42" Samsung LCD
Tuner card picks up over the air hd channels w/o an antenna.

Good luck to you on your build.

This is what i am looking to possibly build. I am not sure if all of these are compatible with each other or if they are the optimal parts i would need for the what i posted earlier. This build costs around 720 off of newegg. I am not sure if that this pieces are the best bang for my buck or a good deal or w/e you want to call it. Any suggestions or changes are greatly appreciated. I would really like to keep it around this price but I am flexible with my price. I was planning on using windows 7 with this also, but not completely sold on windows either. If there are any other parts I may be missing and need let me know as I said earlier I am a newbie to this so all help is greatly appreciated.

Case:Antec Black Aluminum / Steel Fusion Remote Black Micro ATX Media Center / HTPC Case

Motherboard: ASUS P7H55-M PRO LGA 1156 Intel H55 HDMI Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

Power:CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power ...

CPU: Intel Core i3-550 Clarkdale 3.2GHz LGA 1156 73W Dual-Core Desktop Processor BX80616I3550

Memory: Kingston ValueRAM 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model KVR1333D3K2/4GR

Hard Drive:SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3R HE103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

Optional not sure if i want to buy this or not already have a ps3 and bluray player and rarely even use it but looking at this LG Black 10X Blu-ray Burner - Bulk SATA WH10LS30 LightScribe Support - OEM

Look pretty good to me. I might cut back on the power supply some since you have onboard video and sound. The 750 has a mass of connectors, was even hard in my full tower to keep them straight and out of the way. Check on Antec's web site they have a good power calculator. I don't see a tuner card on your list, is that something you will be adding?

Back
Top Bottom