building a server.

NemesiS_1122

Baseband Member
i wanted to build my own server to have a counterstrike source or day of defeat source server, i know that u dont need good sound cards or graphics cards ( if any) because it doesnt need it, but what does it need? and how much to not lag?

Well you'll need a sever motherboard and CPU, obviously. But try to get a LOT of RAM, and a few hard drives. Mainly what you need if a good CPU, possibly two CPUs, and a lot of RAM to experience a no-lag server.

The server we use to host all our Battlefield 2 games has four hard drives, four gigabytes of RAM, and four Pentium 2 slot 1 processors. And we never get lag. So just because it's old doesn't mean it doesn't perform well. :)

1337DuD3 said:
The server we use to host all our Battlefield 2 games has four hard drives, four gigabytes of RAM, and four Pentium 2 slot 1 processors. And we never get lag. So just because it's old doesn't mean it doesn't perform well. :)

Im glad someone has finally said that. Just because the processor is old, doenst mean its not a good pc.

4gb RAM, thats mad, how much space did you have all together?

Back
Top Bottom