Building a PC...is this okay?

KJT123

Beta member
Hi guys, first time posting here, wonder if you can help me.

I would like to build a computer from scratch for the first time.

Here are the bits that I have identified that I would like

Case: Novatech Cougar ATX Case (Novatech Cougar ATX Case | NOV-COUGAR)

Power Supply: Novatech 500w ATX (Novatech 500W ATX Power Supply for AMD and Intel Motherboards 20Pin + 4Pin | NOV-PSU500)

Processor: Intel Core i3 3220 Dual Core CPU (Intel Core i3 3220 Dual Core CPU ( 3.30GHz, Socket 1155, 3MB Cache, Ivy Bridge, 55W, Intel HD Graphics 2500, Advanced Vector Extensions): Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories)

Motherboard: MSI H61M-P31-G3 Motherboard (http://www.amazon.co.uk/MSI-H61M-P3...rs&ie=UTF8&qid=1367875715&sr=1-1&keywords=h61)

Memory: Kingston 4gb 1333MHz

Hard Drive: WD Scorpio blue 3206b

Would all these parts be compatible with each other?

For the graphics card, I haven't decided on the one i would like yet.

Could anyone give me some advice?

Cheers

Looks good. Are you planning on one 4gig stick ram or 2x2gig ram?

Also you should get 1600 instead of 1333.

For the video card, what's your intended use of the PC? Gaming, surfing the net, whatever.

Regarding the RAM, I will get whatever is cheapest probably.

For the video card, I tend to play football manager regularly but as far as I know that does not need a good graphics card. I only really surf the net and make word documents apart from that.

Thanks for the advice

You wouldnt need an amazing graphics card something like a gt 630 1gb will do the job

---------- Post added at 04:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 AM ----------

or a 6570 1gb on AMDs side side

I thought my i3 2105 with HD 3000 graphics would be good enough for browsing but I found the text hard to read. I went and got an HD 6670 graphic card and that made a difference.

Seems that Intel graphics ain't all that good.

I would say they are, better than Pentium and Celeron. Also an i3 have HT which makes them more efficient, 2 cores = 4 threads.

Back
Top Bottom