2 Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD
LG DVD Burner

Everything else:
4 Acer 23" monitors
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Saitek R.A.T. 5 Gaming Mouse
Razer Naga Gaming Mouse
Logitech G510 Keyboard

I am quite aware this is more over kill than overkill is concerned.

My plans for this computer include gaming and video editing. I will cross fire the 2 Radeon HD 6970 Video Cards. While gaming I will use EyeFinity. The purpose of four screens is no other than to have four screens. I have a lovely L-desk and my reasoning makes no sense. The OS will of course go on the SDD. This entire thing together will cost me about 3,750$.

My real question here is will everything work out? Any suggestions on different specs ect. ect.?

i love it when they're honest. If you got the cash then spend it right?

Looks like it would all work, to me atleast. The only thing i would say, is it might be cheaper to get a single 6990 (4GB Card, using two 6970 chips.) instead of crossfiring. However, you might need to get a beefier PSU for that, since the 6990 can draw anything up to 450W...

nice rig though, very enviable.

Yeah I've got about 2,250$ saved up right now in my spending savings. I don't know how much is in my savings savings, I have it auto take a percentage of my paycheck and put it in there.

Radeon HD 6990 Video Card
So that uses Mini Display Ports. Do those give the same quality as DVI or HDMI outputs? if so then I guess I'll just have to grab a couple mini display to DVI adapters.

Can you suggest a better power supply? I've heard good things about cool master so staying in that brand what wattage would you suggest?

well, like i said, Graphics cards (especially that 6990) draw alot. Specifically that one could draw 450W on its own when it's flat out. DisplayPort is about on par with HDMI, supports Stereoscopic 3D, etc.

As for Power units, you could look at the 1200W Corsair Gold series

Newegg.com - CORSAIR Professional Series AX1200 1200W ATX12V v2.31 / EPS12V v2.92 SLI Certified 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

or the Coolermaster Silent pro 1200

Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Silent Pro Gold Series RSC00-80GAD3-US 1200W ATX 12V v2.3 / EPS 12V v2.92 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

Back
Top Bottom