Building order?

tehczar

In Runtime
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/How_To_Assemble_A_Desktop_PC/Assembly

Would this be a good guide to go follow?

Obviously Motherboard and Power Supply go in first

Then your CPU

Then your RAM

Then your video card

Then whatever drives you have purchased

Then your Peripherals

Then power up

Correct?

Now going to the processor i have rad that it is difficult to pop on your heatsync / fan what comes with your AMD chip

Is this true, I have came somewhat worried about that but I think i can do it. I know you shouldnt force things on that will only lead to breaking / damaging your chip.

I'm assumin this is what I should do, I put the chip into its spot on the mother board, then i attemp to snap on the headsync / fan.

Is it really that difficult or will it simply go on after a little bit of work and thinking, that is truly the only other thing I'm worried about as I've just spent 1,500 dollars and dont want to fuck anything up ;)

Thanks for the help guys!

Also I've gotten 4 peices of 512mb ram, should i only put one in at first after everything is bootup install the os to make sure i dont come into any bad ram then after the os is in put them in 1 by one restarting and making sure the ram is good?

I've gotten Corsair DDR2 memory

The only thing I would do differently would be to install the CPU and heatsink before installing the motherboard. It makes it much easier to line things up while installing the heatsink.

Here's a couple of good links to check out:

Computer assembly: My Super PC

CPU and heatsink installation: AMD Processor Installation Videos.

Just take your time. You should be just fine. :D

Ok... as I can visualize it...

First thing you want to do is put the CPU into the motherboard before you put the motherboard in the case. If you have a heatsinker and cpu fan, put those on after youve secured the CPU into the motherboard. You can also put all the RAM into the motherboard too before you put it in the case, doesnt really matter - you can stick all of the ram in if you feel like it, wont matter.. Put the motherboard in the case, put the power supply in the case, after that the hard drive, cd/dvd drive, pci cards... than plug everything in - if you want, you can plug the stuff in as you put it in the case, it really doesnt matter the order or how you do it. If you have intake and output fans, screw those into the case before you put anything in.

Back
Top Bottom