Building a new rig, what do you think?

Yeah definietly.... wow...not bad :) Thats in US money So in UK, its about £1256 :D Not bad at all :p Good luck on building it and be careful! :p Though I shouldn't have to tell you that...

lol a guy i know has just finnished building himself the monster of all rigs! it owns that one mate, sorry to say!

the HDDs alone are 22x 250GB drives. thats over 4TB!!!!!

he is running 2 dual 512MB Vid cards (not sure which ones though)

CPU is an AMD 64 bit 3500 i think.

other than that im not sure what otehr specs he has on it but daaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyymmmmmmmm its something to make u drool over!!!

Assassin_666 said:
lol a guy i know has just finnished building himself the monster of all rigs! it owns that one mate, sorry to say!

the HDDs alone are 22x 250GB drives. thats over 4TB!!!!!

he is running 2 dual 512MB Vid cards (not sure which ones though)

CPU is an AMD 64 bit 3500 i think.

other than that im not sure what otehr specs he has on it but daaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyymmmmmmmm its something to make u drool over!!!

had you not been a senior member on these forums, i would have to ring the bullshit alarm on you. I did the math, (okay calculator) thats 5.5 tb. Thats insane in the plasma membrane. What does he do on that beast? And i'm suprised he didnt get the amd 3800 :p. He planning on storing a collection of 500 dvds on that thing? Or does he just like to have that stuff to brag :p

------------------

Anyways for your build, if you dont have a good surface to build it on you might want to consider a static proof mat.

EDIT:

My HD space pwnz all of yours, just have a gander:
fke.png

That is impressive (not the pic, the other rig). He's probably running the BFG 6800 Ultra 512's in SLI. Yeah, that is better than mine, but I bet it's about 4 times the price. By 2 dual 512 card, do you mean just 2 512 cards, or 2 pairs (4 alltogether)?

haha...well might as well say mine can be thrown out of the window already *check Sig* :p

I have no idea but at the time i bought my system, SLI and PCI-E wasn't really something in my volcabulary :p Plus I already had a AGP card, though I wish I placed this in the second PC now and got my bro to buy a new PCI-E card as well...plus I would have probably gone for the 3000+ to save that extra bit of money to get one.... oh well....hopefully I'll be able to build on my system soon, and this one can then be kept for my bro, sis, and dad, while I get one of my own to play around with :D

Actually...I want an Intel for my next system... I won't be playing games that much on it, and need the extra processing power for multi-tasking and 3D rendering :) So I think an Intel is my next bet, and also Geforce for my video card (hehe, at the mo, I have an AMD and Radeon...totally swapped)

Back
Top Bottom