Building a new PC, need help on parts...

Gavinburt

Beta member
Hey, guys. So I am going to be entering into building a new PC! I'm not into gaming, but rather audio recording. Here is what I have, and I was wondering if any of you could help me with some of the compatabiliity issues I could face.

So here's the configuration...

Motherboard
Intel Desktop DG965WH

Processor
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.13GHz L2 MB Cache

Memory
Kingston 2GB DDR2-SDRAM 667MHz

Hard Drive
Western Digital 250GB 7,200RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0 Gb/s

Sound Card
M-AUDIO 9900-40768-00 7.1 Channels 24-bit 192KHz PCI Interface

Optical Drive
SAMSUNG Black 18X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 18X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2M Cache E-IDE/ATAPI DVD Burner

Operating System
Windows Vista Ultimate

So what I need now is a case... it doesn't need to look fancy, but I NEED FireWire (IEEE 1394) and a USB port for sure. It would also be cool if it came with a power supply. I'd like to keep this under $150 for the case.

So if you guys could let me know if there's something better I could find, or something that you see is incompatible. Thanks.

lhuser said:
Here you go:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811162030
Comes with a 550W power supply and the front tools you need.

As far for the hardware compability, it will all work, but I don't think you'll have Vista until at least January 2007.

Hey thanks to both of you. I think this is the case I'll be getting.

and yes I know about Vista, and I thought about going to Windows XP Professional but with Vista being right around the corner, I figured might as well just get Vista.

Back
Top Bottom