Building a new GAMING computer

i personally wouldnt go with the 5970 if you want to get that kind of performance get 2 of the 1 GB 256-bit nvidia 460 GTXs when running in SLI they are just as fast or faster in most games as the 5970 plus you get the dedicated physx for around 200 dollars less.

I've just looked at the OP's final build list and while on the subject of memory i'm going to say this. If the OP is adamant on running dual channel RAM then I suggest running a P55 chipset motherboard and the i7 860/i5 750. Otherwise get a tri-channel RAM kit.

ok i am not the best at computers but what is a Tri-channel RAM kit? i am not adamant on anything in partcular but the best gaming desktop i can build, and to answer the statement poster above about a dual video card, i am choosing the 5970 because later i want to have the ability to put in a second 5970 and the price is not truly a real problem ATM... also i want to keep my MOBO, in my opinion Asus kicks ass unless you are a 100% positive this tri-channel ram kit is the best thing for me...in that case i will need some helping figuring that out...thank you

Back
Top Bottom