Building new computer...2 options...help me decide which is better!!!

ok...now people were telling me the 6800gs is better then a 7600gt...is this true??? if so is it worth it to buy??? i know its the same price but should i buy newer??? thx

As much as I hate to say it, AMD has better gaming chips. Go with the 3200+, over the P4. The 6800gs may perform better than the 7600gt cuz its memory controller is 256 bit, and the 7800gt's is only a 128 bit. However, the 7600gt's core clock is 600mhz while the 6800gs's is only 485mhz. I'm only speaking specs wise, anyway. I'd go for the 7600gt because it has a good reputation, and the two cards are about the same price, with the 7600gt being more expensive by 5 dollars.

yeh...i thx for answerin that man...k now how much of an increase in performance would i see from a agained maye 100+ mhz core clock and i think a 500mhz+ memory clock...???

edit: also a rating 1 out of 10 what do u think the amd optino woudl get as a gaming computer and what would the intel get??? thx...but i know im going with the amd just want to know how much better it is..thx

ne one else?

edit: come on guys i need a lot of opinions...and plz vote if u look at the thread...thx

Back
Top Bottom