Building a new computer

eisah

Solid State Member
Hey guys it's been a while since i put together a computer for gaming so was hoping for a few tips. What kind of processor, video card, sound card and such should i be looking to buy? have already gotten my monitor sorted out. Can anyone help me with the other things though? TY in advance

would this work?

CPU(s):
Intel X3350 @ 3.6ghz probably

Motherboard:
Not sure yet

RAM:
4GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 900

Graphics Card(s):
Geforce 7800GTX 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16

Sound Card:
Not sure yet

Hard Drive(s):
1TB

This is a laptop....right?

Well the 7150M is a piece of crap, literally. It won't run anything.

If you want a gaming laptop, you need a dedicated graphics card.

I have no idea what your price range is, but if it's under something like 1,500- a laptop isn't the way to go.

For $800-1000 you can build a killer gaming desktop, but for a laptop....it won't cut it.

i'm actually looking for a desktop and i can easily afford the $1000 so what do you recommend as a graphics card and motherboard?

i'm actually looking for a desktop and i can easily afford the $1000 so what do you recommend as a graphics card and motherboard?

Ah..sorry...the AMD CPU is common in lappys,and the small 17" screen/stock HP stuff and the integrated graphics and the 5400rpm HDD made me think it sorta was :S

So your budget is about $1000...or more? I need to know :p

Yeah that whole set up is crap.

I would go with this as a processor.
Intel Coreâ„¢2 Duo Processor E8500 3.16GHz w/ 6MB Cache
Or any other one. This was available at my local supplier.

4GB of Dominator RAM

Let some one else choose rest of stuff.

1TB hard drives are common now and very inexpensive. Go with 1 of those and match it up with a velociraptor.

between $1000-2000 is what i am willing to spend on it as a PC desktop. might go a bit more depending on what is being added.

We'd need a bit more information before recommending parts. Do you overclock, what is your monitor's native resolution? Are you in the US or Canada?

Back
Top Bottom