Building a new Computer

isn't the LT a lower-end chipset? every board i've looked at with it is cheaper than the normal. I don't know if its just the differnt chip or what.

Its "lower" so to say. But its newer silicon and a newer revision that is supposed to fix the bugs in 680i. But if you look at the specs for the DFI board, they are the same as the 680i boards. All pci-express lanes active, everything is there, and then some. The board is better than the ASUS striker extreme, but that isn't saying much.

hell no man wait for the price cuts ( you wont have to wait long) and get an intel quad core, you wont regret it. $2500 is hell of a lot of money you can get high end if you choose wisely.

Won't regret a quad core? I'd reconsider that statement, nothing uses a quad core right now, investing in one is pretty pointless right now. I'll agree with TommyBoy and say that that is a very nice DVD burner, I'm using one right now and it works great. And yeah, get the E6600 instead of the E6700 the difference in price is too great right now so the E6700 really can't be bothered.
I'd also get this Power Supply http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341003 instead, only because I'm not very familiar with Silverstone PSUs
I'd also recommend that you get better RAM with a $2500 budget you can definitely do better with timings and maybe even up it from 2GB-4GB if you're gonna use Vista, which I might add you'll need to purchase an operating system since it isn't listed up there, I'd recommend Vista Home Premium http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116204

Silverstone PSUs > OCZ PSUs anyday....other than the 850W strider unit. Every Silverstone PSU is quality built. Using either Seventeam, Etasis, Enhance, or their own engineers.

Its "lower" so to say. But its newer silicon and a newer revision that is supposed to fix the bugs in 680i. But if you look at the specs for the DFI board, they are the same as the 680i boards. All pci-express lanes active, everything is there, and then some. The board is better than the ASUS striker extreme, but that isn't saying much.

I see. Every probelm i've had was cleard up by a BIOS update, after that it's been smooth sailing. That is a great board for the price, but knowing how reliable the EVGA version is, i'd stick with it.

By the way you talk about the striker it sounds like you've had experiances with them too.

Silverstone PSUs > OCZ PSUs anyday....other than the 850W strider unit. Every Silverstone PSU is quality built. Using either Seventeam, Etasis, Enhance, or their own engineers.

Oh, never knew, haven't heard of Silverstone before, but i'll take your word for it, you're usually right about this kind of stuff... and about everything regarding computers in general. I dunno how you remember all this stuff, but I wish I had as vast a knowledge regarding computers as you did lol. :D

Oh, never knew, haven't heard of Silverstone before, but i'll take your word for it, you're usually right about this kind of stuff... and about everything regarding computers in general. I dunno how you remember all this stuff, but I wish I had as vast a knowledge regarding computers as you did lol. :D

How i remember is really beyond me. I just enjoy reading about computers and i guess when you like something, you remember it a lot easier.

Won't regret a quad core? I'd reconsider that statement, nothing uses a quad core right now, investing in one is pretty pointless right now.
"nothing" is a swooping word to use, if you look beyond video games you'll realize that there are a lot of applications that use multiple cores.
it depends on what you do, most of everything i do already uses multiple processors. rendering, dcc.

Back
Top Bottom