Building myself a computer

IknowLITTLE

In Runtime
Im looking to drop about 500$ into a build, i had some parts picked out and had a fourm up about a week ago displaying them but after reading through many hardware fourms i see that i could probably get better for my money. im currently at school so i cant really give you any of the parts i was looking at. all i want is to be able to play wow at 60fps on ultra, and i think a 500gb hard drive would be good enough for me. also, i had a case picked out that i liked so no need to find me one of those. like i said id link it if i was home. so in conclusion, what would you guys (and girls) do if you had 500$ to spend on a gaming rig??

Ps- im gone untill monday night so you wont see any replys from me.

thanks for your time
-Will

that build seems pretty solid. only question i have is that power supply reliable? seeing as how its 400w and is cheap im wondering if thats enough. also, im really in love with this case (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147047), do you know any motherboard thats an equal of that one that will fit in a non micro case? or is that a micro case. took another look and now im not sure... and now that i think, if you tell me this system will stay at a reasonable temperature in the case you recommended ill be satisfied and just buy that one. oh and dark youve awnserd a good 4-5 of my questions. i really appreciate the help.

Well, it's Cooler Master, so you can trust it to put out a few more watts than it's rated. I ran a similar rig on a 570W 'Trust' power unit for some time, which obviously was a POS and probably didn't even manage 570W. If you're unsure, you could try this'n

Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER eXtreme Power Plus RS-500-PCAR-A3-US 500W ATX12V v2.3 Power Supply

few more watts under the hood, not too much more either.

EDIT to answer the rest of your question ^_^:

Micro-ATX normally fits in ATX cases (it says on it that it's got MATX compatibility) but ATX doesnt usually fit in MATX cases. The Three-Hundred is one of the best cheaper cases around IMHO - didn't want to recommend a more expensive one since your budget was tight with the components i was lining up for you ^_^

So yeah, if it doesn't break the bank that case will probably be a better cooling solution due to it's exposed grills (better flow).

so will the case you suggested provide enough air flow or no? oh and by the way guys this hasnt awnsered my question. what i had set in my head is that when i leave today around 6 and come back monday to abuncha peoples honest opinions of the best gaming rig for 500$, just wanted to clear that up :)

The 300 will provide perfectly adequate airflow for the components in question, and so will the Rosewill. However, out of the two of them, the Rosewill will probably provide BETTER airflow overall because of it's exposed grills and extra fans. But, you gotta remember the Rosewill is double the price almost.

so...

Antec Three Hundred -> Perfectly adequate cooling for a pretty low price

Rosewill -> High-end performance cooling, but twice the price.

:)

alright, i think ill go with the 300 (if i dont end up seeing a better rig). didnt really want to run into the problem of overheating. but hey u answered it all, again. thanks for your time.

Back
Top Bottom