Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 05-12-2012, 01:55 AM   #1
Solid State Member

Default Building my own monitor setup help

I know this is probably not the place to post this, but I did not see anywhere else. So my problem is that i am doing somewhat of a unique setup with 6 monitors. One big tv in the middle, 3 monitors on top, one on each side of tv. Here is a basic blueprint and my general idea, FRONT: http://gamersanonymous.ca/wp-content...torSetupV2.jpg BACK: http://gamersanonymous.ca/wp-content...etupV2back.jpg

I am just looking for some advice on what materials I could use to connect the monitors to the TV and still be able to adjust them a good bit, like a ball joint hinge or something. and the side ones i want the bars to have hinges so that it can be completely flat or at an angle. I just really dont know what kind of stuff I could use to do this. Also, how to not damage the monitor in the process. Thanks!!!

cadams77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 06:04 AM   #2
Baseband Member

Default Re: Building my own monitor setup help

if i was me i would use the tv stand as it is then ether use wall mounted brackets like this

LED PC Monitor TILT SWIVEL TV Wall mount Bracket for 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 on eBay!

or if your good at welding build a sepret stand to hold all the monitors you dont want to be fitting them monitors to you tv directly

1adf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:56 AM   #3
Solid State Member

Those look great! I think I am going to buy 5 of those to attach to all of the monitors, except the TV. And I am going to somehow build a back plate out of metal or wood to secure all the mounts into because I cannot put them on the walls. I really appreciate your help!
Old 05-12-2012, 12:05 PM   #4
Baseband Member

ya no worrys im looking at the 6 monitor thing for my new build but with all 21.5" monitors i think and im looking at using this stand

Amazon.com: Deluxe Hex Monitor Stand Free Standing Supports up to 6 28": Computers & Accessories

out of intrest what graphics cards you using for the 6 monitors
1adf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 12:07 PM   #5
Solid State Member

Well I was going to use 2 of these Newegg.com - EVGA 02G-P4-2680-KR GeForce GTX 680 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card , but they will not come back in stock, so I settled for 2 Newegg.com - MSI N670GTX-PM2D2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 670 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card