Building my first Gaming Computer

Yeah I was reading a EW review and they recommended the TP instead; I'd like to find a cheaper, lower-W PSU, but atm still searching; the TruePower 650W is $5 less than the 750W, so no go there... might just stick with the 750W and hope it lasts long enough til i upgrade enough to actually need the extra power

the CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX is $99.99 shipped with a $10 MIR ($89.99 final cost), this is as good a 650w unit you can get without going over $100...

the CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX is $99.99 shipped with a $10 MIR ($89.99 final cost), this is as good a 650w unit you can get without going over $100...

The Truepower New 750W is $109 with a -$10 code ($99 final cost) I'd definitely give up a $10 MIR for a 750W. The OCZ Modxstream 600W is only $75 ($50 after rebate) so that's the 1 i REALLY want, but its sold out.

i gotta wait til wednesday to start ordering parts anyway; maybe theyll restock the 600W OCZ Modxstream by then

The Truepower New 750W is $109 with a -$10 code ($99 final cost) I'd definitely give up a $10 MIR for a 750W. The OCZ Modxstream 600W is only $75 ($50 after rebate) so that's the 1 i REALLY want, but its sold out.

i gotta wait til wednesday to start ordering parts anyway; maybe theyll restock the 600W OCZ Modxstream by then

I don't get it, you question the Corsair (which is the highest quality unit of the ones in question) because it's "only" 650w but then want to wait for a 600w unit...? ultimately it's up to you, you keep asking but I think your mind was made up when you saw the price on the OCZ, good luck with your choice...

I don't get it, you question the Corsair (which is the highest quality unit of the ones in question) because it's "only" 650w but then want to wait for a 600w unit...? ultimately it's up to you, you keep asking but I think your mind was made up when you saw the price on the OCZ, good luck with your choice...

It's not that its "only" 650W; i never once said ANYTHING about it being "only" 650W; thats more than enough for my build; its that its not all that much cheaper than the 750W; whereas the OCZ 600W is also a high quality unit and is significantly cheaper than both... ($40 cheaper for 50W less (almost half the price; for a 8% drop in power, which is already more power than i need), compared to $10 rebate for 100W less; both of which are reliable, tested brands)

I appreciate any help I can get; including all of your previous posts; but your last post is in no way helpful whatsoever.

any feedback on my monitor choice?:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824254040

I'm a little concerned about accidentally knocking it over, the way my desk is setup doesnt have my monitor against a wall:

ruxuew.jpg

the computer/monitor are ancient; had to dig them out of a closet because I sold my last desktop and that laptop right there i fried the mobo

I'm thinking maybe using some strong adhesive to secure it to my desk? any suggestions on that?

It's not that its "only" 650W; thats more than enough for my build; its that its not all that much cheaper than the 750W; whereas the OCZ 600W is also a high quality unit and is significantly cheaper than both... ($40 cheaper for 50W less, compared to $10 cheaper for 100W less)

truthfully, any one of those psus should work, though that's definitely an enthusiast's build and if I ever put that much money into a system like that I would get the absolute best psu I could afford, even if I had to take a hit somewhere else to make up the difference just to afford it...

go to any hard core computer site, put up those choices and you will get an overwhelming amount of replies telling you to spend the extra money and get the Corsair, that's definitely a good deal on the OCZ though, I have a 500w StealthXStream in my kids' computer, OCZ makes good units but failed reviews like this from reputable review sites make me nervous about a product, in the end it's up to you though...

was this helpful enough...?

:rolleyes:

good luck...

truthfully, any one of those psus should work, though that's definitely an enthusiast's build and if I ever put that much money into a system like that I would get the absolute best psu I could afford, even if I had to take a hit somewhere else to make up the difference just to afford it...

go to any hard core computer site, put up those choices and you will get an overwhelming amount of replies telling you to spend the extra money and get the Corsair, that's definitely a good deal on the OCZ though, I have a 500w StealthXStream in my kids' computer, OCZ makes good units but failed reviews like this from reputable review sites make me nervous about a product, in the end it's up to you though...

was this helpful enough...?

:rolleyes:

good luck...

I think I'll pick up a Corsair.

With Corsairs being well-known as a very reliable and stable PSUs; it should last for quite some time as I upgrade other pieces of my build; think itd be worth digging just a bit deeper to pick up a bit more powerful Corsair?

650W $90, 750W $110, 850W $120 ? 1000W is $200 which is out of my range and i dont forsee me needing 1000W anytime in the next few years, but I think I could pull for the 850W if you think its worth it; considering I'd expect a Corsair to keep running for years & years.

The computer I'm on right now has been stable for the past 10+ years of use, with cheaper & less reliable brand parts (much less stress on this system, but still, havent had any part fail, used it for gaming EverQuest & whatnot when this was new) and I expect to use this new rig for many years (though this rig will experience much more stress); upgrading parts as they become obsolete; maybe add another HDD; a second GPU, more USB/Firewire devices, more RAM, etc. all things that will require a higher PSU eventually

also still looking for feedback on the monitor!! :D (see previous post)

P.S. NewEgg glitch? I added a Promo Code to my cart for an item awhile ago... that item is no longer in my cart but its still showing -$10? :D

Back
Top Bottom