Building my 3rd rig, time to put my 7 year old to rest.

Dragonsmight

Baseband Member
Putting the 7 year old to rest and looking for suggestions on a new gaming rig. I have put 2 together in the past so I'm all for getting parts and putting it together. Just some notes on myself:

• I did dabble a little in overclocking before but don't really care to get into that again.
  • Kind of interested in liquid cooling depending on how difficult it would be for a newbie and price.
  • Budget of $1700-$2000.
  • Games played: Overwatch, FFXIV. Who knows for the future.
  • Don't really care about style so best case for the price / cooling. Maybe a new monitor but I could probably research that later. Within budget or separate haven't really decided.
  • Hopefully something that last another 7 years!

I would love suggestions from you guys as I have been out of it for quite awhile. Thank you in advance!

I've built my own systems for years but I wasn't into high tech gaming. I've built my systems based on top tens and rave reviews, researches and great success on selecting parts according to my needs.

Tips from fellow members are good too but I'd keep in mind about fan boys. ;)

I don't know what parts to suggest at the moment but I stand by the nzxt h440 as a great case for that budget :) I have one and it is a very nice case !

Sent from my X5max_PRO using Computer Forums mobile app

Hey glad to see another computer hardware enthusiast out there :)

This computer build will run you about $1400, if you want to spend more money you could always go with a newer video card or go with dual video cards, but I don't think that's necessary.

Computer Case: Apevia X-SNIPER2-GN ATX Mid Tower PC Gaming Case
Power Supply: Corsair RM Series 1000W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular Power Supply
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790 3.6GHz 4 Core Turbo Boost LGA 1150 Processor
CPU Fan: Cooler Master Hyper T4 CPU Cooler with 4 Direct Contact Heatpipes
Motherboard:MSI ATX DDR3 2400 LGA 1150 Z97 Motherboard
Solid State Drive: Crucial MX200 500GB SATA 2.5 Inch Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
*Optional*: Hard Drive for increased Storage: WD Blue 1TB Desktop HDD
DVD Drive:LITE-ON CD/DVD Burner - Bulk Black SATA Model iHAS124-04
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB SSC Gaming ACX 2.0+
Memory Modules:Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) Memory

There are also other builds that I've made, check out my signature for further details.

make sure to post a photo of your build when its done! :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom