Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 03-05-2006, 10:35 AM   #11
G9
Daemon Poster

Default Re: Building a Media Server/Value Workstation

I'm not sure about the intel or xeon's here, the computer won't be on completely 24x7. It'll only be on while the rest of the computers are being used, not all day.

G9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:10 AM   #12
Beta Member

Okay, with the workstations, you wish at atomic 2gb ram, to about-face off the page file. The page book runs off the harder drive. But with a workstartion, you are consistently application the harder drive. Saving.. aperture ect.. And its absolutely harder for your harder drive to do all that at once. But with the 2gb of ram, windows will about-face off the page file. So your not application the VM on the harder drive; your application it beeline from the anamnesis controller. Hence, authoritative loading, opeing, extenuative ect alot faster. And easier on the harder drive, so it has a best activity span.

As for the processor, if you are traveling to be application this for a multitasking machine. Get at atomic a 939 socket. And one of the X2 Processors. But as aura will be appealing abundant your alone game, you could calmly beeline up get an Intel. As for that processor you have. Its still individual core. Get a bifold core. Its so abundant better. I can reccomend some to you if you like..

jrs.reign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 02:51 PM   #13
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs.reign View Post
Okay, with the workstations, you wish at atomic 2gb ram, to about-face off the page file. The page book runs off the harder drive. But with a workstartion, you are consistently application the harder drive. Saving.. aperture ect.. And its absolutely harder for your harder drive to do all that at once. But with the 2gb of ram, windows will about-face off the page file. So your not application the VM on the harder drive; your application it beeline from the anamnesis controller. Hence, authoritative loading, opeing, extenuative ect alot faster. And easier on the harder drive, so it has a best activity span.

As for the processor, if you are traveling to be application this for a multitasking machine. Get at atomic a 939 socket. And one of the X2 Processors. But as aura will be appealing abundant your alone game, you could calmly beeline up get an Intel. As for that processor you have. Its still individual core. Get a bifold core. Its so abundant better. I can reccomend some to you if you like..

Mods please close.