Building a highend setup-What am I missing

poodycat said:
Wow- u spent $200+ on the case that doesn't have a window, tisk tisk
But it looks damn cool as is, except they should have covered the jacks on the bottom.

Man, that board is all tweaked out including the hot pluggable SATA on the rear I/O ports. I just don't like the fanless approach though. I guess it's like heat spreaders. Heat travels along that copper 'pipe' and expands outwards to reduce heat buildup at the center of the chipsets. I just feel air cooling is much more efficient and quicker.

wow u got alot of money god dam that amd alone will probably cost around about the price of the whole computer i building!!

TRDCorolla said:
Man, that board is all tweaked out including the hot pluggable SATA on the rear I/O ports. I just don't like the fanless approach though. I guess it's like heat spreaders. Heat travels along that copper 'pipe' and expands outwards to reduce heat buildup at the center of the chipsets. I just feel air cooling is much more efficient and quicker.
I will be putting the largest heatsink and fan that fits on the cpu and I believe the case has a vent tube that exhaust the hot air directly over it too. The case still hasn't arrived so I'm not sure. :confused:

That is an awesome system.

and oc'ing is really easy (to a certain point ofcourse), but I see no need for it yet. When u feel like u need the extra performance then u can oc.

AOD said:
wow u got alot of money god dam that amd alone will probably cost around about the price of the whole computer i building!!
I know this is an expensive system but if you consider the fact that I will not be upgrading for at least 5-8 years based on how uncompatible it becomes with current games, it is probably less per year than most of you end up spending on the other hand I do have rather deep pockets at my age and like to indulge myself at times. :D

I just did some more research and it looks like the video card will now be the Asus N7800 GTX TOP.

Beowoulf said:
I know this is an expensive system but if you consider the fact that I will not be upgrading for at least 5-8 years based on how uncompatible it becomes with current games, it is probably less per year than most of you end up spending on the other hand I do have rather deep pockets at my age and like to indulge myself at times. :D

I'd say that 8 years is a bit over the top. I don't have a good memory but if u can try to remember what kind of computers they had in the year 1997. Then think about if u could play FEAR well with that machine.

mammikoura said:
I'd say that 8 years is a bit over the top. I don't have a good memory but if u can try to remember what kind of computers they had in the year 1997. Then think about if u could play FEAR well with that machine.
I know 8 years is a long time but to give you an idea of how long I go between changes I'm currently running a pentium 4 1.7 and my MoBo doesn't even have an AGP slot. I can't play any of the newer games for almost a year now. The last straw was when I tried BF2 and there was no way to play even at really crappy frame rates.

Back
Top Bottom