Building a gaming desktop

MiniCale

Beta member
I am planning on building a gaming pc but I don't know what parts to get so if anyone can help me to decide that would be very nice.

Budget 500GBP this budget is for everything in the desktop

My brother can put the desktop together for me but he wants me to find out what parts I should get.

I plan on playing games like call of duty on this pc on high settings if I can with my budget.

I built you an AMD rig from a UK site. AMD will also release their 8 core cpu soon so you have the option to upgrade to that.
This build can play all games at high settings on a 1920x1080 monitor. Call of duty Modernwarfare and Blackops can be maxed out easily.

If you have to include the monitor on your 500 budget, you can always buy a 500GB harddrive instead of 1TB to free some budget, or choose a cheaper pc case.

46.98 Antec 300 Case
48.66 Coolermaster 550watt powersupply
57.45 Asus 880g AM3 motherboard with cpu unlock
91.25 AMD Phenom II 955 BE 3.2 ghz quadcore
18.09 Coolermaster CPU cooler
139.98 Powercolor HD6850 videocard
23.00 4GB ddr3 ram
69.59 1TB Sata harddrive

*note
I chose the asus motherboard because it has the option to unlock cpu. If you want to try your luck, you can get a cheaper AMD Phenom II dualcore or Athlon II X3 455 instead and try unlocking them to a quad core. (this saves you about 50 gbp)

Links to the products:
Coolermaster GX 550W PSU | Ebuyer.com
Antec 300 Three Hundred Case | Ebuyer.com
Asus M4A88T-M 880G Socket AM3 Onboard Graphics 8.. | Ebuyer.com
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Socket AM3 3.2 GHz.. | Ebuyer.com
CoolerMaster Hyper TX3 Cooler LGA775/1156/1155/AM2/AM3 | Ebuyer.com
PowerColor HD 6850 OC 1GB GDDR5 DVI HDMI DP Out PCI-E.. | Ebuyer.com
G-Skill 4GB DDR3 1333MHz Ripjaws Memory Module CL9.. | Ebuyer.com
WD 1TB 3.5" SATA-III 6Gb/s Caviar Black Hard.. | Ebuyer.com

Thanks I'll probabally go with what your saying then.

The 500 budget is for the desktop itself I have 200 budget for other stuff like a monitor headset keyboard and mouse if you have any recommendations for them.

I always cheap out on keyboard and mouse and spend only 5 gbp on them :D

You could also build an intel i5 2500k instead, it will be a bit faster but more expensive and you'll have to buy a slower videocard than an HD6850 to keep within the budget.
Ask your brother if he can find a Coolermaster Hyper 212 cpu cooler, I think its cheaper than the one I listed but I couldnt find it on that site.
Its great for cooling overclocked cpus.

Here I suggested best gaming comfiguration.

Lcd = 17 Inch LG
Processor= Core I3
Mercury Graphics Card
4 GB Ram
wireless Keyboard and Mouse
320 GB Hard disk.

price India

Do you want to build your own high performance gaming computers? Need help choosing the right parts? This site provides you with all the information you need to build your custom gaming PC, from choosing the best components to installation.Few things in life are as satisfying as creating something that you will admire and use everyday. Whether you like to cook, draw, build things, write, or compose, there is a certain satisfaction when your project is completed, and you begin using your new creation.

Back
Top Bottom